We are looking to add a Quality Manager to our Toronto-based team. Reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Operations, the Quality Manager will be responsible for maintaining the Production Quality System. He/she will ensure that all products meet or exceed the expectations of our customers and any relevant regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement quality procedures for new products and for the continuous improvement of existing products. Oversee maintenance of the corporate QMS.
- Lead the implementation of ISO certification.
- Track key performance indicators related to product quality and customer service.
- Conduct internal quality audits and quality audits of key manufacturing suppliers in accordance with ISO and other regulatory principles and practices.
- Initiate and follow through to completion quality tasks and documentation, such as supplier NCMR, internally initiated and customer required RMA, CAPA, etc.
- Monitor and maintain product compliance with appropriate certifications; i.e., RoHS, IECEx, ATEX, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Applied Science or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience managing quality in an ISO or equivalent manufacturing environment.
- Accomplished problem solver; able to decide from various options.
- Proven focus on product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Will involve staff from all functional units in problem identification/resolution.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with team mates and management.
- Detail oriented.
- Prior experience with implementation and maintenance of ISO certification in a technology manufacturing environment is highly valuable.
- Experience with working in the photonics or optomechanical manufacturing industry will be an asset.
Working at Tornado means you’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are dedicated to meeting their own ambitious standards; inspiring their colleagues; building game changing technologies; and being challenged with difficult problems other companies cannot solve. If this sounds like the type of high-performance environment in which you thrive, we hope you’ll browse our open positions for a role that fits with your interests, abilities, and experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please enter the job title in the subject line.
Application Software Developer
Tornado’s Raman spectroscopy instruments deliver rapid real-time discrimination across a wide range of chemical analysis and process control applications. Our inspired Scientists and Engineers have developed novel methods to radically increase the speed of measurement without compromising spectral resolution.
We are looking to add an Application Software Developer to the product development team. As a Software Developer, you will work with associates in defining technical requirements for new functionality or redesign/consolidate existing implementations. In addition, you will share responsibilities for the design, development, and support of software applications related to the company’s products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering, the duties and responsibilities of the Software Developer include:
- Implement software product in accordance to requirement specifications to achieve product objectives;
- Develop and maintain source code;
- Develop and maintain test scripts and SW test tools
- Perform integration testing and quality assurance;
- Develop software which is aligned with functional requirement, minimize the interfaces between components and maximize the re-use of components;
- Collaborate with members of other teams to achieve a high standard of performance, reliability and ease-of-use in all products;
- Promote adherence to Tornado standards for all SDLC phases of design, development, testing and documentation;
- Report issues or concerns which could impede the performance of the software development activities;
- Keep abreast with the latest software development technology;
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for the position will have experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years of experience in all phases of software development (majority should be in application and device control and/or instrumentation applications);
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science is required;
- Significant experience in device driver integration and application control software development;
- Experience in Full Stack development:
- Server, Network, and Hosting Environment
- Data Modeling
- Business Logic
- API layer / Action Layer / MVC
- User Interface
- User Experience
- Understanding what the customer and the business need
- Strong Knowledge of compiled and interpretive languages. C, C++, C#, relational databases (SQL), QT, USB, OOP, .NET, Python, Perl;
- Experience implementing control applications through SDKs for instrument/device control and monitoring;
- Solid Understanding of software development methodologies including:
- Requirements definitions and documentation
- Architecture and design process
- Effective code management practices
- Automated build and release management
- Change control process
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong mathematical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
- Assertive, proactive and takes initiative.
Working at Tornado means you will be surrounded by colleagues who are dedicated to meeting their own high standards, to inspiring their colleagues, to building game changing technologies and be challenged with difficult problems other companies cannot solve. If these types of challenges interest you, and you desire a position that presents you with complex problems, send us your resume to email@example.com