Tornado Spectral Systems is revolutionizing the chemical analysis instrumentation business. Bolstered by its patented HTVS technology, Tornado’s flagship HyperFlux PRO Plus Raman analyzer delivers unprecedented measurement precision critical for real-time manufacturing process control. Working at Tornado means you’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to ambitious goals and love being challenged by problems other companies cannot solve. If this sounds like the type of high-performance environment in which you thrive, we want to hear from you!
Software/Product Test Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Software Engineering, the successful candidate will collaborate with the hardware and software teams to develop automated test protocols for the company’s hardware and software products.
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated system-level and component-based test methodologies
- Innovate test solutions to achieve the fastest test results possible
- Track test versions and results throughout the lifetime of Tornado’s serviceable products
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the technical team to plan, develop, and execute automated test framework. Ensure test protocols trace back to their design requirements
- Plan and implement complementary test tools and fixtures
- Develop test APIs for software application UI front-end interfaces and lower-level services (MCU/CPU communications)
- Develop working knowledge of software application stack to determine appropriate testing at all levels (unit, integration, and system-level)
- Track and communicate test results in a timely, effective, and automated manner
- Champion bug/issue tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, software engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of progressive responsibility in system-level or component level testing of hardware and software components
- Professional experience with C#, C++, C, Python, .NET Framework
- Proficient with software development tools including IDEs and defect tracking. Working knowledge of automated test tools will be an asset
- Experience with OPC UA, Modbus or other industrial communications protocol preferred
- Good communicator: able to transmit ideas and information that is clearly understood by others in formal and informal settings
- Shortened product test cycle time
- Decreased product defect rate
- Identification of KPIs for tracking product quality
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 considerations: The company has instituted COVID-19 Health and Safety guidelines to meet federal and provincial standards to ensure a clean and healthy workplace.